Pages

Exploring natural history one itsy bitsy spider at a time...

Exploring natural history one itsy bitsy spider at a time...

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Frog Watch USA


After my boyscout program (Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge) yesterday, I am super motivated to continue learning about herps. The boy scouts were a great audience! They asked tons of compelling questions and stayed after the program talking to me and interacting with the animals until their parents dragged them away. I'm eager to learn more and have more intriguing stories so I have more to share with kids when I teach. I was introduced to Frogwatch USA at Powershift 2007 (www.powershift07.org), and finally found time to explore their site. I'm hoping it gives me more interesting points to bring up about amphibian conservation and also another exciting way kids can help in their town.

I am so excited! I just signed up. I can't wait to study frog calls and contribute to a national frog and toad survey! Check it out for yourself! www.frogwatch.org. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

To myself: smiles to remember this week: "why don't snakes suffocate with such large food in their mouth?", getting love nipped by a baby anaconda, laminating snake sheds, welcoming baby gecko #20, feeling the keeled scales of USA's largest snake, the gopher snake, struggling to gracefully hold the 50lb+ red tail boa, positive feedback from parents, sushi Tuesday, Interview, Zeno's birthdays and new friends Wednesday, center for sustainability inspiring tour on Thursday. I am lucky!

No comments: